CUSTOMIZED, MULTI-YEAR RPO
Our client is a large systems integration firm with almost all of its business conducted with the US Federal government. Initially, our client was faced with three intersecting challenges:
- Financial pressure to operate recruiting support with minimal waste despite an unpredictable demand cycle driven by contract awards
- Extreme talent scarcity in key roles through a combination of high-demand skills and high levels of government clearance required to perform the work
- A changing Federal contracting climate leading to shorter timelines from contract award to expected delivery, highlighted by the preference for awarding large multiple-award contracts to several companies, followed by a raft of competitive bid task orders.
To help mitigate these challenges, the firm decided to partially outsource recruiting support to focus on passive candidate sourcing to compress time to hire cycles and allow for better proposal and task order support while injecting greater resource scale flexibility. Talent Orchard was chosen for the project following a competitive selection process.
Talent Orchard deployed an expert team of experienced public sector recruiters and established a service level agreement (SLA) with options to scale support to demand. We partnered with the client to create a proactive sourcing team managed by the client but staffed from Talent Orchard to create multiple talent pools for hard-to-find resources. We also became the “go-to” resources for market intelligence gathering, identification of key incumbent resources on engagements being bid, and key personnel proposal resource search.
As a direct result of the engagement, the client’s core recruiting function was able to better support major, large-scale Federal proposals, build pools of pre-qualified talent for key positions, and even utilize candidates that had applied in the past for positions now resurrected. After reducing time-to-accept by 11 days, the partnership generated more revenue than the cost of the support contract within one year and enabled the firm to successfully bid on projects that would have been otherwise hard to win.
Talent Orchard’s impact included the following examples:
- In just three weeks, we submitted 75 intelligence analysts with TS/SCI, resulting in 19 offers.
- In response to a rapid IDIQ task order for a critical new award, we delivered 84 candidates in just a few weeks leading to 19 offers and 13 hires.
- In support of the largest program under management at the client, we supported a rapid upgrade to talent on the assignment following a critical contract review and became the “sourcing engine” that contributed to a reduction of open positions on the engagement from more than 40 to zero.
Over the period of performance, Talent Orchard hired multiple SMEs in areas including cybersecurity, Federal health, intelligence, defense, Federal finance and environmental protection. Roles supported included business development, program directors, systems architects, enterprise architects, including ERP, as well as many significant hires in challenging locations or with high Federal clearances.
Ready to see how our services will enhance your business?
Read More Case Studies
Locations in Chicago, IL, Washington, D.C. Metro and Austin, TX.
- 207 East Ohio Street, Suite 378, Chicago, IL 60611
- (202) 595-1248
- Email Us